Samsung has recently introduced their new netbook to the U.S. market. (In the past, we haven’t really seen any of Samsung laptops in the U.S. which I believe is due to unpopularity. But they are popular all over Asia)
The Samsung NC10 looks really good with almost exact specs as the new ASUS Eee PC 1000HA (which we recommend). The only difference is that the NC10 comes with bluetooth which ASUS Eee PCs don’t. (That’s not a big advantage though, you can always buy a $20 bluetooth unit and add it to the Eee PC)
As far a pricing goes, the Samsung costs about $60 more than the Eee PC.
Our final verdict is not to buy this unless you are a hardcore Samsung fan. Samsung does make great laptops and I don’t see why not you’d pay a little extra for that.
Here’s the specs for the Samsung NC10 Netbook:
- 10.2″ Wide, 1024 x 600 WSVGA , 220 nits
- Intel Atom Processor N270, 1.6 GHz, 533 MHz Front Side Bus, 512 KB Level 2 Cache
- 160 GB, 2.5″ HD, 1 GB DDR2 800 MHz
- Intel® 945GSE shared, 802.11 b/g WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, 10/100 BaseTX LAN
- 6-Cell Lithium Ion, Genuine Microsoft XP® Home with Service Pack 3, 1.3 Mega Pixel webcam, Kensington Key Lock, 1 year standard parts and labor, 2.8 lbs