The next laptop in a long line of Dell business machines, the Dell Latitude E6400 is getting some pretty good reviews around the net. For a starting price of $1,888, the E6400 comes with some pretty powerful business specs.
The 5.6 pound weight is mostly from the 9-cell battery that provides better life on long flights, so the extra weight is acceptable. The Intel Core 2 Duo processor is enough to run even the most invasive business programs, and PC Magazine seems pretty impressed with the overall speed of the setup.
As far as business notebooks go, you are probably looking for reliable speed and solid battery life. For under $2,000, it’s going to be hard to find a setup better than Dell’s. But, you know. It’s a Dell.
The specs, as it were:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Business
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P9500
- Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Weight: 5.6 lbs.
- Display Size: 14.1 inches
- Graphics: nVidia Quadro NVS 160
- Storage Capacity: nVidia Quadro NVS 160
- Networking Options: 802.11 n
- Primary Optical Drive: Dual-Layer DVD+/-RW
Dell’s website has more on the E6400.